This pseudo-historic cast iron fountain located in the middle of Masaryk Square adds to the pleasant look of this precious historic city centre. The fountain was built in 1900 on the site of an 18th century original stone tank that replaced the original 16th century wooden tank.
This much more ornately decorated fountain was built according to a design by Georg Wirth from Vienna. The fountain is 5 metres high and its main part is comprised of two bowls. The fountain is surrounded by a wide round stone tank. The bottom section of the cast iron fountain is decorated with dolphin reliefs; the central part bears cherubs that represent the four seasons of the year; the top is decorated with a gold plated rosette. Water runs out of the bowls through lion heads. In the evening, the fountain is lit.